We care about your personal data
ALLIANZ GLOBAL CORPORATE & SPECIALTY SE, its brands and trading names (including ÔÇťAbout usCommercialÔÇŁ), affiliates and subsidiaries (ÔÇťwe, ÔÇťusÔÇŁ, ÔÇťourÔÇŁ), a part of the About usGroup, is an insurance company based in Germany providing insurance products and related services around the world. Protecting your privacy is a top priority for us. This Privacy Notice describes╠řhow and for what purposes we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information.
1. Who is the data controller?
Data controller means the legal person who determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
ALLIANZ GLOBAL CORPORATE & SPECIALTY SE
is the data controller as defined by applicable data protection laws and regulations.╠ř ╠ř
2. Online Tracking Technology
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of the About usCommercial Website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of the About usCommercial Website.
Based on a more detailed description on the usage of cookies our Cookies Management Tool helps you to manage your cookies preferences including providing consent. The link to the respective Cookies Management Tool you find below. You can withdraw your consent to the usage of certain cookies any time using the before mentioned tool.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the About usCommercial Website. However, for technical reasons beyond our control, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the About usCommercial Website from another browser or device, your cookie settings may be lost. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit the About usCommercial Website. If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
3. What types of personal data will be collected and processed?╠ř
Depending on the type of insurance product or service we provide to you, we may collect and process various types of personal data about you, including: ╠ř╠ř
- Contact and Personal Information such as surname and first name, address data, email addresses, telephone numbers, date of birth, gender, identity document number
- Policy or Claims Information including materials you submit as part of your claim
- Account Details such as identification and policy numbers and passwords
- Payment Information including credit/debit card and bank account details
- Other information such as preferences and lifestyle
We may also collect and process Sensitive Personal Data including but not limited to health data resulting from, for example, medical reports or your claims history.╠ř
4. How will we obtain and use your personal data?╠ř
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- ╠řfor insurance contract administration (e.g. quotation, underwriting, claims handling)
- to administer debt recoveries
- to maintain business relationships
- for customer and user administration and marketing
- to process it with artificial intelligence (AI) and for automated decision making (including profiling)
- for credit scoring purposes
- to redistribute risks by means of reinsurance and coinsurance
- for fraud prevention and detection
- to comply with any legal obligations (e.g. tax, accounting and administrative obligations)
We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interests (including maintaining contact with clients, providing updates and information about 91╠Ă▓«╗ó, organizing and hosting events, and conducting market research and analysis) or where it is needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or when exercising or defending a legal right or when courts are acting in their judicial or administrative capacity. In addition, we may also process your personal data to enter into a contract with you, or to perform our obligations under an existing contract with you.╠ř
5. Who will have access to your personal data?╠ř
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.╠ř╠ř╠ř
- For the stated purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers or data processors:
- Public authorities, other About usGroup companies, other insurers, co-insurers, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries/brokers, and banks.
- For the stated purposes, we may also share your personal data with the following parties who operate as data processors under our instruction (ÔÇťcommissioned data processing"):
- Other About usGroup companies, auditors, technical consultants, lawyers, loss adjustors, medical doctors and service companies to discharge operations (claims, IT, postal, document management); and
- Advertisers and advertising networks to send you marketing communications, as permitted under local law and in accordance with your communication preferences. We will never share your personal data with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.╠ř
Finally, we may share your personal data in the following instances:
- In the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings); and╠ř
- to meet any legal or regulatory obligation, including to, if applicable, the relevant ombudsman or applicable supervisor authority if you make a complaint about a product or service we have provided to you
6. Where will my personal data be processed?╠ř
Your personal data may be processed both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by the parties specified in section 4 above, subject to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations.╠ř
We will never disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorized to process them.╠ř
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing outside of the EEA by another About usGroup company, we will do so based on binding corporate rules (BCR) of About uswhich establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on all About usGroup companies.╠ř The public version of the BCRs and the list of About usGroup companies that comply with them can be accessed on the .╠ř╠ř
Where 91╠Ă▓«╗óÔÇÖ BCR do not apply, we will take other steps to ensure that the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA receives an adequate level of protection as it does in the EEA.╠ř You can find out what safeguards we rely upon for such transfers (for example, Standard Contractual Clauses) by contacting us as detailed in section 8 below.╠ř ╠ř╠ř
7.╠řWhat are your rights in respect of your personal data? ╠ř
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate;
- delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used and readable format or have it transmitted directly to another data controller;
- file a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority;
- object to us processing your personal data, or instruct us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing)
You may exercise these rights by contacting us (as detailed in section 8 below) and stating your name, email address, account/policy identification, and purpose of your request.╠ř╠ř
8.╠řHow long do we keep your personal data?╠ř
We will retain your personal data in accordance with applicable law and our retention schedule.
If we are able to do so we will delete or anonymize all or parts of your personal data as soon as that information is no longer required for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained.
9.╠řHow can you contact us?╠ř
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data or if you need to exercise your rights, you can contact us by, post or email as follows:╠ř╠ř
ALLIANZ GLOBAL CORPORATE & SPECIALTY SE
Global Data Protection Officer
10.╠řHow often do we update this privacy notice?╠ř
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will ensure the most recent version is available on our website.
This Privacy Notice was last updated in October 2023.